Friday, April 29, 2011

Indeed...he's Dancing

Dr. Robert Lowery's earthly pilgrimage ended last night.  In lieu of what I had tentatively planned to enter today, what I will offer here is a conglomeration of thoughts and comments which have filled the web upon people learning of his death.  It ought to go without saying this is not exhaustive...  Yet I will say I think the most beautiful snippet you will find is the last one by Joe Mollet - a loved son-in-law (who I am certain was treated as a son).

My mentor and friend Dr. Robert Lowery just went to be with Jesus...I will do my best to carry on your legacy with honor friend...grace and peace
  • Shane J. Wood - via Facebook

Dr. Bob Lowery passed this evening around 6 pm. His family is very thankful for the prayers and words of comfort this week. Please continue to be in prayer for them, his friends, and his students. Bob is now dancing with the Lamb; we still face the Dragon. May his influence in our lives lend us strength to carry the battle forward.
  • Rob Peterson - via Facebook

My teacher, mentor, and friend Dr. Robert Lowery now is able to "behold" ... I look with hope toward the day when all will be made new. (Rev 21-22)
  • Jim Dalrymple - via Facebook

Revelation 14:13 -- the blessing can be claimed by yet one more. While my heart is saddened by Dr. Lowery's passing, it is also full of confident hope that death has not really won for undoubtedly this one has died "in the Lord!" May he rest in the presence of the Lamb ...
  • Matthew Martin - via Facebook

Bob passed quietly in the company of his friends and family. As with all our mentors, his legacy lives on in us. What he's contributed to the church and the world will continue to make a difference because he's placed in another generation of faithful men and women. Though I realize the context is different, Rev 14:13 comes to mind: "...and his works will follow him."
  • Dr. Chuck Sackett - via Facebook

Dr. Lowery quietly and peacefully passed from this life about an hour ago. Marilyn said that he squeezed her hand tightly, then quit breathing.
  • a portion of an email sent from Dr. Paul Boatman of LCU

After a lifetime of Listening to the Lyrics of the Lamb, Dr. Robert Lowery is now joining in the chorus.
  • Vance Russel - via Facebook

If we listen to John, we learn that in the end, you, I, indeed, everyone, will have a new beginning, either the most wonderful or the most awful beginning of all. It is an ending that leads to rhapsody because we stand before the reigning Lord and the redeeming Lamb or to woe because we are banished forever from their presence. In the end, what makes the difference is the song we sing." - Robert Lowery
This quote is from "Revelation's Rhapsody", a book by Bob that my classmates and I (who were in his 2005 Revelation course) were privileged to participate in creating. In his humble wisdom, Bob always invited the dialogue of fellow believers to inform his scholarship.
Bob is singing for Jesus in His full presence today -- and for all time. My head says "Rejoice!" -- my heart isn't their yet.

  • Ann Kafer - via her blog


And I think the most fitting to end this short collection:
Papa to the girls "In a couple of days you will get a phone call from Grandma. She will have good news and bad news. The bad news...I will be dead, but the good news...I will be in Heaven with Jesus. When Grandma calls I want you to dance because I am in Heaven." Tonight my girls danced for Papa. We miss you Bob but will see you again.
  • Joe Mollet - via Facebook

Indeed...Dr. Lowery is dancing!!  Our minds rejoice - our hearts will catch up.  Indeed...we will see him again!!  Amen - praise God for grace & salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment